{ illuma·blogspot·com }

Saturday, June 18, 2016



I began making 3D CAD for the LED light this last week.  It's slow going because I'm a newbie at mechanical CAD, but I'm slowly getting there.  In the photo above you can see the six bulb PCB's, a (unfinished) heat sink, and four fans for the assembly. 

The heat sink and fan vendors didn't have mechanical CAD publicly available for their parts so I'm having to make the parts myself.  I want to go as far as defining the entire bulb and cooling system in CAD, then leave the rest for the next phase of the project - which is the housing.

It's fun learning something new.  Now I can say that I'm a triple threat at work.  I design electronics, write firmware, now design mechanical parts.  I used to have to do this on engineering paper and an Excel spreadsheet, but installation of new CAM machines at work forced me into the modern age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only comments that DO NOT include links will be allowed. Any comments that include product advertisements will be deleted. Other than that, thanks for stopping by and I appreciate you taking the time to write a comment.