{ illuma·blogspot·com }

Sunday, June 29, 2014

••◊ Teleprompters

Dominque and I spent yesterday at Video Gear making a tutorial about setting up and using teleprompters.  Yes, I know, not the most interesting of subjects, but it's what I have this week.  What I learned is that the MKH416 shotgun mic belongs in the hands of an experienced person.  An assistant had to use a boom pole because Dominque needed to walk around and set the equipment up.  Audio was hit and miss in terms of quality because of the microphone's directionality and Dominque would face random directions.  If we do this again I'm going to explore other audio options or better mic technique.  We were under a time crunch here, so we got what we got and I cleaned it up a bit in post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only comments that DO NOT include links will be allowed. Any comments that include product advertisements will be deleted. Other than that, thanks for stopping by and I appreciate you taking the time to write a comment.