{ illuma·blogspot·com }

Monday, July 15, 2013

••◊ Sidewalk Film Festival

Over the weekend I received the letter below from the folks at the Sidewalk Film Festival about my bodybuilding documentary.  I just wanted to give a shout out to Kyle and Rachel; two people who actually took the time to acknowledge my hard work with a simple handwritten note.  This is rare in the cold rejection world of film festivals.  This year I've received many rejection letters from film festivals and in one very shameful example a San Francisco based film festival didn't bother to contact me at all, nor updating the film's withoutabox submission status.  Now I know why Alison Bagnall (writer of Buffalo 66) endorsed this festival.  I met Alison at the Bend Film Festival many years ago and she seemed like a nice person, so that's what lead me to submit my film to a not so obvious film destination like Birmingham Alabama.  She was right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only comments that DO NOT include links will be allowed. Any comments that include product advertisements will be deleted. Other than that, thanks for stopping by and I appreciate you taking the time to write a comment.