{ illuma·blogspot·com }

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

••◊ Nature Photography

I spent last Sunday evening with Clarence and Laurel Scovie in Balboa Park behind the San Diego Air and Space Museum. It was a last minute decision to go since this was actually set up between Clarence and Laurel. I-5 was right behind us and further off in the distance was downtown San Diego and the bay with sunset quickly approaching.

Clarence started off with some pictures of Laurel sitting below a tree, but I was having trouble finding inspiration there...so I asked Laurel to climb up in the tree. We used a single beauty dish on her. It was about 6pm, so you can still see a bit of blue sky in the background. The way I look at it I was taking nature photos because let's face it...Katy Perry is right. The natural species of southern California is the California blonde! Their usual habitat spaces are the beach or a convertible; maybe a combination of the two. This was a unique chance to capture Laurel.




I saw this tree across the parking lot with a unique and beautiful bark that matched Laurel's skin and had to photograph her there. For this photo we used two side kickers and a beauty dish overhead. I think it makes for a good surfer girl look photo.




Is it any wonder that I'm a bit of a tree hugger? More filming this weekend with Go Gadget Comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only comments that DO NOT include links will be allowed. Any comments that include product advertisements will be deleted. Other than that, thanks for stopping by and I appreciate you taking the time to write a comment.