{ illuma·blogspot·com }

Saturday, March 13, 2010

••◊ What you don't show.

Last week I found a little insight from cinematographer and author Stu Maschwitz over at his Prolost blog. He was giving a interview and talking about the need for 24p for movies. At first I was like, uh huh, everybody says that. Then he actually gave a good reason why. Cinematography is about what you don't show, or more exactly what you choose to selectively show. 30p gives a very real look to footage. 24p shows less and takes you away from the real look and puts you into a movie. I guess I never thought about it that way before.

His interview is here. Only a couple minutes long, but worth a gander.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only comments that DO NOT include links will be allowed. Any comments that include product advertisements will be deleted. Other than that, thanks for stopping by and I appreciate you taking the time to write a comment.